11th Hour Theatre Company in Philadelphia, a small non-profit with an annual budget of $320,000, seeks a full-time Managing Director to begin in July 2017. Now in its 12th season, 11th Hour Theatre Company has established itself as a boutique musical theatre company in Philadelphia. The company has emerged as a top producer of intimate, character-driven musicals under the leadership of founding members Michael Philip O’Brien, Steve Pacek and Megan Nicole O’Brien. Primary responsibilities include bookkeeping, managing annual operating budget, handling contract negotiations including venue rentals and artist contracts, reporting to Board of Directors, and working with Artistic Director to oversee a small staff.
Salary $40,000/year plus benefits.
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Coordination of long-range and annual planning in collaboration with the Producing Artistic Director and the Board of Directors.
- Developing the annual budget, including providing monthly financial reporting and forecasting, cash flow management and expenditures review and approval.
- Supervising the administrative staff and directing administrative operations.
- Manage Tessitura ticketing system and oversee Box Office activities
- Acting as the representative and advocate of the theatre with government agencies, insurance companies, community and local business groups and arts organizations.
- Overseeing all production expenditure and acting as primary liaison with the Mainstage Production Manager.
- Working closely with the Marketing Director to create dynamic marketing plans for events/productions throughout the season.
- BA, BS or similar Arts Administration related 4-year degree or higher.
- Possess strong budgeting and financial management skills including experience with Quickbooks, Peachtree or similar accounting software.
- Experience in Marketing or Sales
- Demonstrate a capacity to lead, manage, motivate and inspire.
- Experience with various database software, Microsoft Office programs, computer networks, and ticketing software.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal leadership, and communications (both written and oral) skills.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, stamina and passion.